Sun, Oct 21|
7th St and Juniper, Quakertown
Quakertown Halloween Parade
Democrats will ride on or walk alongside our tricked out flatbed truck giving out candy and encouraging people to vote this year! Register to join us!
Time & Location
Oct 21, 2018, 12:30 PM
7th St and Juniper, Quakertown, 50 S 7th St, Quakertown, PA 18951, USA
About the Event
Event informationHosted by Quakertown Lions Club
This year's Halloween parade promises to be the biggest we, the 145th Assembly District Democratic Organization ever had. We will have Tom's truck decorated similar to last year's display. We'll have another truck with a 20' flatbed with hay bales, signs and two young folks dressed as the Statue of Liberty and Uncle Sam waving from the truck. "God Bless America" by Ray Charles will be blasting from the speakers. It will be very patriotic (and probably quite loud- bring earplugs if you want - or let me know you need them). We welcome candidates and people who can't walk the parade route to be on the float. We would like to know in advance, if possible, how many will be on the float so we can be prepared.
Also, we may have a 21' blimp from the Flelds' campaign floating behind us. There is no final word on that yet from the Fields campaign.
What we need from you for the parade:
1. Two people to hold the 145th banner in front of the parade.
2. Someone to wear the BCDC donkey suit during the parade (please let me know ASAP if interested).
3. Help sprucing up the decorations for our Truck.
This Tuesday at Vera and Marty's barn starting 5 PM on Tuesday the 16th. Pizza and beer will be available, please RSVP to let me know you can make it and for the address.
Please wear clothes suitable for painting and touching up the stars.
4. People to march with us, hand out candy and hold signs.
5. Apparently Republicans went around with a donation bucket with our parade last year (I didn't see it myself). If you see someone you don't recognize soliciting donations this year please inform me ASAP. If they were allowed to collect donations off of us, then I'd like a couple of people to hold a donation jar as we go around too. I will check on the legality.
6. Finally, I bought candy. If you want to bring your own stash please do, we seem to run out every year by the time we're back on the main stretch.
Or let me know if you can help us pack our candy bags and label them.
So, please le